I’m Reverend Dominic Taranowski and I’d like to welcome you to the First Congregational Church in Melrose, United Church of Christ. A lot of churches say “come as you are,” but we really mean it. It doesn’t matter your age or your background or your story: you are welcome here. We’re an intergenerational church with something for everyone: from our vibrant worship service on Sunday morning, to our Sunday school program, to our mission work, to our public advocacy presence. We’re always about the work of faith formation and discipleship.
We strive to create a deeper relationship with God but also an outward expression of that faith in the wider world. The church provides opportunities for both of those. You can renew and strengthen your relationship with God and also find ways to live out that faith on a daily basis. We are a casual, committed, progressive church and we welcome you here.
See you in church!
A quick note: You can register your children for Sunday School online now; go to this page for a form-fillable PDF, or you can print this form here and bring it to us on Sunday. We’ll have copies waiting for you, as well. Remember, children through preschool age are always welcome in our nursery on Sundays during worship.
See you soon!
Welcome Back! I truly hope that you have had a rewarding summer. A lot has happened in our world over these weeks of summer and in your own life as well. I look forward to hearing all about it!
As we begin another dynamic year of ministry together here at First Congregational Church, it is the perfect time to begin a Sunday practice of attending worship. Everything we do at FCC—whether it be education, mission, spiritual care, finance, you name it—begins and ends with worship. Sunday worship can also have a profound impact on your own life.
So here are six reasons why you should attend worship on Sunday mornings:
- You will have the opportunity to re-connect with God. Worship reminds you that you are a child of God and a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- You will connect with old friends. No doubt there is some important catching up to do!
- You will connect with new friends. Recent and first time visitors are looking to get to know you! Who knows what interests you might share or how your journey will be enriched by approaching a new person.
- You will get a fresh take on the Christian faith. At FCC we are all about honoring our heritage while making our faith relevant for 2019. The Christian faith should be an exploration of our relationship with the divine; not simply a repetition of what has gone before. Our forebears have given us a wonderful framework to investigate, examine and question our faith so as to enrich who we are as the church today.
- Your week will have greater meaning. You won’t just be moving from one thing to another on your daily agenda. Instead you will remember that what you do is an act of spirituality. You will remember that you are treasured by a divine source.
- You will be given avenues for making a Christian impact in the world through our educational, mission, social justice, and outreach ministries.
Worship is the center of who we are as Christian people. I hope you will join us and I look forward to seeing you this coming Sunday!
See you in church,
to RSVP with pre-populated questions, just click on the image in this link: https://mailchi.mp/ed68fbc0174a/second-annual-fcc-summer-get-together-at-church-on-wednesday-august-7th-from-530-800-pm
In depth review
Church blogger George Parks recently attended our congregation and had this to say: “This is a warm, active, community church, that provides space for personal growth and contemplation, as well as advocacy for the greater good of the community. Melrose and the surrounding communities are very lucky to have FCC of Melrose contributing to the greater good.” Read his review here.